Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Developed by ISACA, the CISM qualification has been specifically designed for experienced information security managers. CISM qualifications are internationally recognized and are consistently listed as one of the most highly sought-after and well-paying IT certifications.
IT Governance offers a complete range of products, including study guides and training courses, designed to help you pass the CISM examination at the first attempt.
CISM is divided into four domains, each of which is covered in the CISM Review Manual and the exam:
- Domain 1—Information Security Governance
- Domain 2—Information Risk Management and Compliance
- Domain 3—Information Security Program Development and Management
- Domain 4—Information Security Incident Management
Benefits of CISM
- Demonstrates that an individual understands the relationship between an information security program and an organization's business goals and objectives
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience in the management and development of an information security program
- Premier information security management qualification
- Often considered a prerequisite for senior- and director-level positions
- Demonstrates a level of credibility in the individual and the organization, and demonstrates their commitment to compliance, security, and integrity
- Helps an organization retain and win new business due to its commitment to information security management
CISA Exam Preperation
The CISM Review Manual
The CISM Review Manual is the core text for candidates taking the CISM exam. Updated each year, it is also the industry-leading source of information for those who wish to understand the roles and responsibilities of an information security manager.
This book is primarily created for exam prep, but is also a useful reference for information security managers. This current edition has been updated for the CISM Job Practice.
CISM Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual, 11th Edition
As well as the CISM Review Manual, it is also advised that any candidate taking the CISM exam purchases and studies a copy of the Official CISM Review Questions, Answers & Explanations.
The official CISM Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual, 9th Edition from ISACA provides 1,000 multiple-choice questions and their thoroughly explained answers to allow you to practise fully before sitting the CISM exam. This book has been updated for the CISM Job Practice.
The CISM exams are currently held only three times a year. To sit the exam you must have five years of relevant work experience and pre-register for the exam directly with ISACA.
For more information, please see the ISACA CISM "How to Become Certified" web page.
Continuing Professional Education
There is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) policy in respect of qualified CISM professionals, which aims to ensure that all CISMs maintain an adequate level of current knowledge and proficiency in the field of information systems audit, control, and security.
Maintenance fees and a minimum of 20 contact hours of CPE are required annually. In addition, a minimum of 120 contact hours are required during a fixed three-year period.
See ISACA's Maintain Your CISM for further details.
Speak to an expert
For more information on our CISM products and services, speak to one of our experts today.