ITIL® Certification and Training
Preparing for ITIL exams
Whereas ITIL v3 (2011) had five certification levels (Foundation, Practitioner, Intermediate (Service Lifecycle and Service Capability), Expert and Master), ITIL 4’s certification scheme comprises four: Foundation, MP (Managing Professional), SL (Strategic Leader) and Master.
This page provides an overview of the new ITIL 4 certification scheme, explains how to transition from ITIL v3 and provides links to our ITIL training courses.
ITIL 4 certification
There are now two ‘designation streams’: ITIL MP and ITIL SL. Learners must achieve the Foundation certificate and then complete the following modules:
- ITIL Specialist: Create, Deliver & Support
- ITIL Specialist: Drive Stakeholder Value
- ITIL Specialist: High Velocity IT
- ITIL Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve
- ITIL Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve
- ITIL Leader: Digital & IT Strategy
Both streams contain the ITIL Strategist module. You must complete all modules in the relevant stream in order to achieve their designation. Once you have completed both streams, you can study to attain the rank of ITIL Master.
ITIL 4 Foundation was launched in February 2019. The other modules will be released later in 2019.
Book your place on the new ITIL 4 Foundation training course today >>
Transitioning from ITIL v3 to ITIL 4 certification
You have two options, depending on how far along you are with your ITIL v3 study:
- If you are already ITIL v3 Foundation certified, you should take ITIL 4 Foundation to be able to transition to the new certification scheme.
- If you are collecting ITIL v3 Practitioner or Intermediate (Service Lifecycle or Service Capability) credits, you should keep going until you get 17. You can then take the MP transition module, which will be released later in 2019.
IT Governance has a wide range of training courses to help you achieve ITIL certification, including classroom training and e-learning courses. We also offer a range of ITIL exam guides to give you the best possible chance of success.
Five reasons to take our ITIL training courses
- We work with a wide range of ITIL ATOs (accredited training organizations) to provide a comprehensive range of ITIL training courses. This means you can find and book the training you need, wherever and whenever you want it, through a single organization
- You can access a comprehensive range of supporting books, exam guides, toolkits and other resources to help maximise the benefits of your chosen training program
- Our customer service team is committed to helping you select the training you need. We deal with everything, from taking your booking through to ensuring you’ve received your course materials, joining instructions, and any other information you might need
- We offer a unique price guarantee: you will not find the same course at a lower price than ours. If you do, we’ll refund the difference – it’s as simple as that
- Our customers all rate our ITIL training service very highly
ITIL online training course
This course follows the latest iteration of ITIL, and will teach you new ITSM tools, as well as giving you a renewed focus on ITSM best practice.
The ITIL 4 Foundation course delivers the key facts on ITIL 4 terminology, structure and concepts, and provides essential preparation for the included PeopleCert exam.
E-learning is a cost-effective option for those wishing to pursue ITIL certification. We have an extensive range of ITIL e-learning – and examination – options available.
Learn how to successfully implement ITIL Service Strategy best practices, and how to define its services, market spaces, customer assets and service assets. Discover how to conduct strategic assessments, and understand how to manage demand for IT services.
Learn how to successfully implement ITIL Service Design best practices and how to manage efficient and effective design of new or changing IT services – including requirements management, design constraints, design models and Service Design packages.
Learn how to successfully implement ITIL Service Operation best practices. This course covers the following:
- Introduction to Service Operation
- Service Operation principles
- Service Operation processes
- Common Service Operation activities
- Organising Service Operation
- Technology considerations
- Implementation considerations
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
Learn how to implement ITIL CSI (Continual Service Improvement) best practices and how CSI processes interact with other ITIL Service Lifecycle processes.
Understand the roles and responsibilities within CSI, and the activities and functions needed to achieve CSI excellence.
Want to know more about ITIL?
Please contact us to discuss your ITIL needs using one of the methods below.