ISO 27001 webinar series
ISO/IEC 27001 certification demonstrates to existing and potential customers that an organization has defined and put in place best-practice information security processes. ISO 27001 is the only auditable international standard that defines the requirements of an information security management system (ISMS). An ISMS is a set of policies, procedures, processes, and systems that manage information risks, such as cyber attacks, hacks, data leaks, or theft. By implementing an ISMS certified to ISO 27001, your organization can benefit greatly: avoiding the losses and financial penalties associated with data breaches, winning new business, and strengthening relationships with existing clientele.
Join IT Governance for this exciting new webinar series to learn how and why ISO 27001 certification can be the best data security move for your organization. We offer the following webinars:
Increasingly stringent data security laws and regulations both in the US and internationally, combined with a rapidly evolving cyber threat landscape, call for stronger, smarter, and more robust data security solutions.
Read more >>
Security teams are constantly challenged to protect their company information and comply with a growing list of state and federal laws and regulations that require information security measures to avoid data breaches.
In this webinar you will learn how an ISMS can help you mitigate breaches and meet a host of regulatory and legal data security compliance requirements. The webinar covers:
- The cyber risk landscape and the latest cybersecurity and data protection laws
- How to achieve compliance and reduce your liability in the event of a data breach
- The link between information security and cybersecurity
- The top risks that result in data breaches
- How an ISMS works
- How ISO 27001 compliance can help you improve your information security posture
Implementing an ISMS based on the best-practice guidance set out by ISO 27001 and ISO 27002 delivers numerous benefits, including reducing your risk of a data breach.
Read more >>
This webinar will introduce you to the steps that should be taken to implement a comprehensive ISMS, including the following:
- How to adopt a comprehensive, risk-based approach to information security
- Securing organization-wide commitment
- The importance of people, processes, and technology in information security
- The nine-step approach to implementing an ISMS
- Using ISO 27001 as the global best-practice information security standard
- Risk assessments and controls
- Testing your ISMS and developing documentation
- The benefits of obtaining independent assurance
ISO 27001 is the international standard that sets out the specification of an ISMS, a best-practice approach to addressing information security that encompasses people, processes, and technology.
Read more >>
The assessment and management of information security risks is at the core of ISO 27001, which ensures that the ISMS continually adapts to changes in the organization and the risk environment.
Alan Calder will cover the following topics:
- The five-step approach to conducting a risk assessment
- Information security versus cybersecurity
- Choosing appropriate risk treatment options
- Unpacking the key controls necessary for effective cybersecurity
- Reviewing and monitoring and reporting on the risk assessment
- ISO 27001 and effective information security risk management
Testing and assessing your information security measures is essential to ascertain whether the controls you have implemented are working effectively. Compliance with the international information security standard ISO 27001 requires continual monitoring and regular reviews of the ISMS. An internal audit is an effective measure to assess whether your ISMS is functioning as it should, and one of the requirements for ISO 27001 certification.
Read more >>
In this webinar you will get an overview of the internal audit process under ISO 27001. Leading the webinar is Steve Watkins, chair of the ISO/IEC 27001 User Group – the UK chapter of the ISMS International User Group, and technical assessor for UKAS (the United Kingdom Accreditation Service), advising on its assessments of certification bodies offering accredited certification.
This webinar will cover:
- The requirements for an internal audit and an internal audit program
- The role of the internal auditor and ISMS audits
- Mandatory documents for reviewing an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS
- An evidence-based approach to reporting, identifying, and compiling nonconformities
- Addressing common audit mistakes and challenges