Was your organization worried about the EU’s GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)? Organizations that fail to comply with the Regulation face substantial fines – but the California Consumer Privacy Act's (CCPA) could be even more severe. Potential awards in a class action lawsuit could be as high as $750 per consumer, per incident.
The law affects organizations both in and outside of California, so no matter where your organization is located, if you collect and process the personal data of California residents, you must comply.
Join IT Governance USA for this exciting new webinar series to learn more about California Consumer Privacy Act's (CCPA).
Upcoming CCPA webinars
Closing the gap between CCPA and GDPR
Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:00-11:45am EST
Join IT Governance on this live webinar to get a deeper understanding of how you can align the CCPA and GDPR compliance requirements.
- A short overview of and definitions from the GDPR and the CCPA
- The key differences between the two privacy laws
- The overlapping privacy requirements
- Practical steps to initiating a privacy compliance project.
On-demand CCPA webinars
This webinar will cover:
- What types of businesses are covered?
- Who qualifies as a consumer under the law?
- What does “doing business in the State of California” mean?
- What are the monetary thresholds?
- What are the record thresholds?
- The various definitions of §1798.140 (c).
- Are partners, affiliates or subsidiaries included?
- The business purpose test §1798.140 (d).
How will my organization be penalized if it fails to adhere to the CCPA?
Affecting organizations both in and out of California, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) could potentially incur millions in legal costs to your organization if you collect and process the personal data of California residents.
This webinar will cover:
- Penalties for breach of the CCPA
- Penalties for loss of records in a breach
- Breach notifications
- The use of ISO 27001, ISO 27002, ISO 22301, and ISO 27035
- The benefits of an ISO 27001 framework vs. SOC 2 concepts
Do I need to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)?
This webinar will cover the existing cyber security laws. It will discuss why organizations need to comply with the California law and if it helps with global compliance.
This webinar will discuss:
- State laws and how they affect business security requirements
- The SEC security and privacy requirements for public companies
- The impact of FINRA and the NYDFS on financial-sector organizations
- HIPAA and the compliance requirements for the health care industry