ISO 22301 Gap Analysis
One of the biggest challenges when implementing an ISO 22301-compliant BCMS (business continuity management system) is understanding the Standard’s specific requirements and how to meet them.
IT Governance’s ISO 22301 Gap Analysis service delivers an expert assessment of how your business continuity plans and procedures align with the clauses of ISO 22301, the international standard that outlines the specification for a best-practice BCMS.
Conducted by our team of BCM (business continuity management) experts, this service equips you with the skills required to implement a BCMS that supports your organization’s business and strategic objectives.
Our gap analysis will:
View the full ISO 22301 service description here >>
- Provide crucial input and implementation advice from the outset of your project
- Help you develop a business case and correctly scope your BCMS project
- Help you secure the necessary leadership commitment and resources right from the start
Why do you need an ISO 22301 gap analysis?
An ISO 22301 gap analysis is considered the starting point when tackling any BCMS implementation project. It takes into consideration the individual needs and context of your organization,and highlights potential compliance gaps against ISO 22301:2012.
Undertaking a gap analysis provides expert analysis and detailed insights that you would not receive with more simplified questionnaire-based gap analysis.
A ISO 22301 gap analysis delivers:
- A clear outline of the proposed scope for your BCMS project (essential if you are considering certification, but often a complex undertaking)
- Realistic project expectations based on your organization’s specific requirements
- Detailed and customized information necessary to develop a strong business case for implementing an ISO 22301-compliant BCMS
Speak a to BCM expert or contact us for a quote >>
Click here for a fixed-price gap analysis >>
What should you expect?
A BCM expert will work with you, interviewing key managers and individuals within your organization to assess any existing BCM policies and procedures. These policies and procedures will be assessed for relevancy, effectiveness, and efficiency to highlight any potential areas for improvements against ISO 22301’s requirements, and ensure your organization is getting the most from implementing a BCMS.
The findings from this analysis will be collated into a gap analysis report that details the areas where improvement is needed, as well as providing recommendations to better comply with ISO 22301.
The gap analysis report includes:
- An analysis of the overall state and maturity of your business continuity arrangements
- Specific details of the gaps between the current business continuity arrangements and ISO 22301’s requirements
- Options for the scope of an effective ISO 22301-compliant BCMS, and how these options help to meet your business and strategic objectives
- An action plan that outlines and indicates the level of internal management effort required to implement and maintain an ISO 22301-compliant BCMS
- A compliance status report (red/amber/green) against the management system clauses (clause-by-clause) laid out in ISO 22301:2012
View the full ISO 22301 service description >>
Why choose IT Governance?
- We possess practical business acumen, meaning we can translate complex concepts into meaningful objectives that will deliver real business improvements.
- We know what certification bodies expect. We’ve helped hundreds of clients achieve certification to a range of management standards, including ISO 22301
- All our consultancy projects come with a 100% certification guarantee, meaning that our initial advice provides you with a clear roadmap of what needs to be done, how it needs to be done, and why it needs to be done
- Our advice is always pragmatic, and we work according to your budget, timeframe, and business needs
- We provide guidance on the roles and responsibilities for implementing a BCMS, and outline a clear plan on how to assign resources appropriately
- We offer a wide range of BCM products and services, including books, training courses, and documentation toolkits to support your implementation journey
- We take an integrated approach to compliance because of our recognized expertise in other internationally adopted standards such as ISO 27001 and ISO 9001
Speak to an expert
Whatever the nature or size of your problem, we are here to help. Get in touch today using one of the contact methods below.