External network penetration tests
Breaking into systems can be relatively simple if someone has not properly patched and secured systems against the latest vulnerabilities. However, keeping systems up to date has become increasingly difficult.
Unfortunately, hackers have a window of opportunity between the moment someone publishes a vulnerability and the moment that vulnerability is patched or addressed. The longer this window stays open, the more the odds of compromise increase.
Penetration testing helps to identify configuration holes that could allow an attacker to gain access to a system.
Want to know more?
For more information about our penetration testing services, and to find the right test for you, get in touch with one of our experts today.
Speak to an expert
Why is external network testing so important?
Infrastructure-related vulnerabilities tend to arise from poor hardware configurations, ineffective system configuration parameters and weak security system controls. Other important factors include poor design and coding standards.
Exploiting a vulnerability allows a user to gain privileges, enabling them to access resources on the network. Once in a privileged state, the hacker can choose to access sensitive data, modify data, cause the system to operate abnormally or crash the system.
Findings from a network penetration test could include the discovery of weak or default passwords, systems that are unpatched or poorly configured, the location of malware, or confidential data that is not properly secured.
Is an external network penetration test right for you?
If you are responsible for your external network, you should ask yourself:
- Are my systems fully patched and properly configured?
- Are any systems or applications secured with weak or default passwords?
- Have I accounted for all the services exposed to the Internet?
- Could malware be present on my system?
- Is every device secured by a correctly configured firewall?
- Is my confidential information properly segregated or secured?
The benefits of completing an external network penetration test
Our penetration tests will help you:
- Gain real-world insight into your vulnerabilities.
- Identify any patches that need to be installed.
- Reconfigure software, firewalls and operating systems.
- Identify needs for encryption or more secure protocols.
- Find the most vulnerable route through which an attack can be made.
- Find loopholes that an attacker could use to steal sensitive data.
Reduce costs and get accurate results with IT Governance’s expert testing
IT Governance’s network penetration testing service provides one of our industry-certified penetration testers to conduct a thorough technical test of your organization’s network, identifying vulnerabilities and how these can be exploited to extract data or take control of your IT system.
Our testing methodology is built upon the Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual (OSSTMM) – an established methodology to test network security and compliance.
Select your external network penetration test
We offer two levels of penetration test to meet your budget and technical requirements.
Level 1: buy online for as little as $2,590
- Identifies the vulnerabilities that leave your IT exposed.
- Combines a series of manual assessments with automated scans, as our team assesses the vulnerability of your network.
- Allows you to evaluate your security posture and make more accurate budgetary decisions.
Purchase our affordable,
quick and fixed-price penetration tests online
Level 2: contact us for a quote
- Attempts to exploit the identified vulnerabilities to see whether it’s possible to access your assets and resources.
- Provides a more thorough assessment of your security posture, which enables you to make more accurate decisions about investing in securing your business-critical systems.
Please contact us for further information
or to speak to an expert.
How IT Governance can help you
We are pioneers in offering easy-to-understand and quick-to-buy penetration testing.
You can choose the level of penetration test to meet your budget and technical requirements.
We provide clear reports that can be understood by engineering and management teams alike.
CREST-accredited penetration testing services give you all the technical assurance you need.
Companies using our penetration testing services
“IT Governance combines the delivery of real insights with a cost-effective service.”
Ian Kilpatrick, Group Information Security Officer at Collinson Group.
Speak to an expert
Our team of experts are available to discuss your organizations penetration testing needs, and can help you decide which of our testing services is best suited. Get in touch with us today.