PCI audit for enterprise businesses
Driven by increasing data breaches and theft, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is designed to protect businesses and their customers against payment card data theft and misuse. The proliferation of hardware and software in the payments ecosystem is driving demand for a more technical cybersecurity partner to help and provide advice about meeting tougher requirements, while still serving as a business partner to improve your long-term security posture.
Protect profits by managing payment card risk
IT Governance provides services to support PCI activities throughout all stages – from building a PCI program to performing ongoing assessments aimed at improving your security posture.
Our dedicated team of experts includes a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) who performs the assessment, a managing consultant who acts as your trusted advisor for our ongoing business relationship, and other experts, depending on the size and complexity of your requirements.
The three-step PCI DSS process: a pathway to success
Assess your current PCI compliance status.
Our QSAs can review your in-scope systems and networks to provide a detailed report about the areas that need attention. You will also receive a plan to bridge the gap between your current security posture and full compliance with the Standard, demonstrating the necessary corrective actions and enabling you to reduce the risk of a data breach.
- Create a snapshot of PCI DSS compliance to establish areas requiring immediate attention and cost-effective remediation, in prioritised terms.
Achieve and maintain PCI DSS compliance within a timeframe that suits your business.
We understand that PCI DSS remediation can be both time consuming and resource intensive. Our QSAs can develop a well-structured remediation plan to help fix areas of non-compliance and accelerate the retesting process.
- Establish a clear and concise compliance plan and demonstrate a greater return on investment through efficient use of budget and resources.
A fully documented RoC (Report on Compliance) that is accepted by your business partners.
Our QSA consultants are experienced assessors that can readily understand your business and the payment solutions and technologies you use, which ensures assessments of the highest quality.
- Receive a complete assessment of your cardholder data environment and the risks that you need to manage, along with an accurate review of your security posture in relation to the PCI DSS requirements.
Solutions to help pave the way to compliance
Our HackerGuardian Scanning Service is a vulnerability assessment scanning solution designed to identify website vulnerabilities and, where relevant, to achieve and maintain PCI compliance. Website and network administrators have complete control over their scanning service and use a secure online console to schedule and run scans.
Confirm that the controls required by the PCI DSS are in place and effective. PCI compliance requires internal and external vulnerability scans, and regular penetration tests. Our CREST-accredited penetration testers can help ensure that your organization is prepared for the full range of attacks that companies face.
Our PCI DSS documentation toolkit gives you all the documentation required by the Standard. Designed by a leading QSA, this toolkit contains all the expert guidance, advice and fully customizable documentation templates you will need to keep your payment card operations running smoothly and securely.
The PCI DSS requires merchants and service providers to implement a formal security awareness program and ensure employees understand the importance of handling cardholder data securely. IT Governance’s security awareness and training courses range from increasing your employees’ knowledge of the PCI DSS to providing comprehensive and practical coverage of all aspects of implementing a compliance program.
Why use IT Governance for PCI compliance?
- Authorised QSA company - As an authorized QSA, and with cost-effective and customized advisory services, we can provide a tailored route to PCI compliance, advising on the most challenging aspects and as required by your budget and business requirements.
- Focused on improving security, not just compliance - Drawing on our expertise of other internationally adopted standards, such as ISO 27001, ISO 9001 and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), we can provide an integrated approach to your PCI DSS compliance, ensuring that the focus of the project remains the fortification of your organization’s security posture.
- Minimise business disruption and costs - Our team of experts can help integrate PCI requirements into daily business processes to ensure maximum and consistent compliance, as well as to alleviate the burden of annual QSA audits. We work with our clients to ensure PCI compliance while keeping business disruption and costs to a minimum.
Find out more about working with us >>
Speak to an expert
For more information about the PCI DSS and what your organization needs for compliance, please get in touch with one of our experts, who will be able to advise you further.