What is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 is the international standard that sets out the criteria for a quality management system (QMS). Based on seven quality management principles, the Standard will help you to continually monitor and manage quality across all of your operations, as well as benchmarking your organization’s performance and service.
With over 1.1 million ISO 9001 registrations in 187 countries, ISO 9001 is globally recognized as the best framework for helping organizations deliver quality products and services.
Purchase your copy of the official ISO 9001:2015 standard today >>
ISO 9001 has recently been updated for 2015 to maintain its relevance in today’s marketplace, and to continue to offer organizations improved performance and business benefits.
The 2015 version of the Standard is much less prescriptive than the 2008 version and can be used as an agile business improvement tool, so you can make it relevant to your organization’s requirements.
It will also bring quality management and continual improvement into the heart of the organization, helping to enhance and monitor the performance of your business.
This aims to enhance customer satisfaction by demonstrating:
- Understanding and consistency in meeting requirements
- The consideration of processes in terms of added value
- The achievement of effective process performance
- Improvement of processes based on the evaluation of data
Why should you implement an ISO 9001 QMS?
ISO 9001 offers organizations the opportunity to demonstrate that they take a consistent approach to ensuring the quality of their products and services.
It will help you to:
- Demonstrate your organization’s ability to consistently provide quality products and services
- Meet your customers’ needs and statutory and regulatory requirements
- Win and retain more clients with better customer service
- Improve operational performance by cutting errors and increasing profits
- Become a more consistent competitor in your marketplace
- Widen business opportunities by demonstrating compliance
Get started with ISO 9001
Deciding to adopt a QMS is a strategic decision that will help organizations improve their overall performance and customer satisfaction, while increasing the efficiency of operational processes. To help you get started ith your ISO 9001 project, we suggest using the following tools:
ISO 9001:2015 Standard
This is the newest version of ISO 9001. Users of ISO 9001:2008 should upgrade their systems to ISO 9001:2015 and will need the revised version of the Standard in order to keep their certificates up to date.
ISO 9001 2015 - A Pocket Guide
ISO 9001:2015 – A Pocket Guide is a handy reference book that provides an overview of the ISO 9001 quality management standard. It includes:
- A brief history of quality management and ISO 9001
- Useful definitions of ISO 9001 terminology
- Ann in-depth examination of clauses 4 through 10 of ISO 9001, which specify the requirements for a QMS
- Some of the myths surrounding ISO 9001 certification
ISO 9001 Toolkit
ISO 9001 certification requires organizations to prove their compliance with the Standard with appropriate documentation, which can run to thousands of pages for more complex businesses.
The ISO 9001:2015 QMS Documentation Toolkit provides all the direction and tools you need to streamline your project.
Transition from ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015
If your organization is certified to ISO 9001:2008 and you would like to transition to the latest version of the Standard, we suggest using the following tools:
The ISO 9001 2008 to ISO 9001 2015 Conversion Tool aims to identify the changes to ISO 9001:2015 and to provide guidance on adapting an existing ISO 9001:2008-compliant quality management system into an ISO 9001:2015-compliant quality management system.
ISO 9001 quality management consultancy
IT Governance consultants use methodologies and tools that have been developed and honed over 10 years.
Our free, initial, no-obligation assessment will give you an overview of where you are against the requirements of ISO 9001, and of the steps required for success. It will include a fixed-price proposal that will enable you quickly to assess the value of using IT Governance to help you achieve ISO 9001 certification.
Nine good reasons for using the IT Governance consultancy service to assist your ISO 9001 project:
- Our free initial assessment enables you to assess where you are (after all, you probably already meet many of the requirements) and identify how you can progress with us to success.
- Our fixed price consultancy enables you to control all the costs of achieving certification.
- Our implementation approach and methodology is pragmatic, proven, and straightforward.
- We help you increase internal buy-in by leveraging your resources to achieve your certification/conformance goals.
- We focus on transferring knowledge and skills to you and your staff so that you can continue meeting compliance targets after the initial implementation period ends.
- We are a one-stop shop with comprehensive and integrated ISO 9001 resources:
- Experienced consultants.
- Quality management expertise.
- Project management expertise.
- Books and tools.
- Recruitment and support.
- We help tailor your Quality Management System so that it suits your requirements, is cost-effective to operate and still continues to meet ISO 9001 requirements.
- We can link your ISO 9001 Quality Management framework with your health and safety, environment, and information security management frameworks.
- We offer a 100% guarantee of successful certification.
Find out more about our ISO 9001 consultancy services >>