IT Governance USA
, the leading provider of cybersecurity expertise and solutions, is pleased to announce a webinar series to help North American organizations with their EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
The GDPR came into effect on May 25, 2018, and applies to all organizations that monitor the behavior of, or offer goods and services to, EU residents – irrespective of the organization’s location or where the data is processed.
series provides an overview of the GDPR, its impact on organizations worldwide, and the practical steps organizations need to take to ensure compliance.
The first webinar in the series, 'Do I need to comply with the GDPR? What North American organizations need to know about data privacy?
,’ will be held on Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 1:00–2:00 pm EDT.
The webinar – with questions taken after the presentation – will cover:
• Updates to U.S. laws and how they compare to the GDPR
• Whether North American organizations need an EU representative
• Whether the Privacy Shield provides enough cover
• What the Privacy Shield means for organizations
To book a place, click here
You can also sign up for other upcoming GDPR webinars, which will cover a wide range of topics tailored to North American organizations.
- Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 1:00-2:00 pm EDT: GDPR compliance and information security: reducing data breach risk
- Monday, November 12, 2018, 1:00–2:00 pm EST: Practical advice on how to improve your overall information security in line with the GDPR’s requirements
- Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 1:00–2:00 pm EST: Compliance solutions: how can penetration testing support your GDPR project?
- Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 1:00–2:00 pm EST: ISO 27001 and GDPR: How can law firms tackle information security in conjunction with data protection laws
To find out more about IT Governance’s GDPR webinars or to book a place, please visit our website,
call (877) 317-3454, or email email@example.com