IT Governance USA provides North America with IT governance, risk management, and compliance solutions, with a special focus on cyber resilience, data protection, the PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), ISO 27001, the EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and cybersecurity. We engage mainly with business executives, senior managers, and IT professionals. Our aim is to help them protect and secure intellectual capital, comply with relevant regulations, and thrive as they achieve strategic goals through better IT management. Our blog gets tens of thousands of views a month.
Topics we accept
We accept relevant, well-written, informative, and original articles and reviews from guest bloggers on the following subjects: breaches and hacks, business continuity, COBIT®, cybersecurity, data protection, the GDPR, HIPAA, ISO 27001, IT best practice, IT governance, ITIL/IT service management/ISO 20000, NIST, NY Cybersecurity Requirements, NYSE guides, the PCI DSS, penetration testing, phishing, project management, and risk management. We do not accept articles that plug a product or a company. You can get an idea of what is appropriate from previous guest posts.
- Submissions must be entirely original
- Articles should be 500–1,000 words. Please send your article as a Word document
- If possible, please provide one image to be used alongside your blog on the blog homepage. We occasionally use images in the text. Please supply images in jpg or png format, as attachments to your email. All images must have a Creative Commons license or equivalent: granting irrevocable license to download, copy, modify, distribute, and use for free, for commercial purposes, without permission or attribution. Please specify the source of your images with your submission
- Where you provide a quote or statistic, please hyperlink to its source within your text
- Please provide a short author bio – we are happy to link to your website and one social media
The nitty gritty
- We do not pay for guest posts, nor do we charge a fee to publish them
- Posts must not be republished elsewhere. We are, of course, happy for authors to share their blog posts far and wide from our blog using social media
- You agree that we can share your post, and parts of your post, online and offline. We may edit, adapt, update, and republish it
- You agree to respond to comments on your blog made in the first week, within 48 hours
- You will spell-check your post before sending to us. We send all posts to our copy-edit team. If more than the most minor of changes are required, we will send back to you for approval before posting
- Your submission proposal will be assessed, approved, copy-edited, and scheduled. If your article is accepted, submission to publication is likely to take from 10–30 days. If you do not hear from us within ten days after submission, please assume your work will not be published
Still interested? Send an email with your details and proposal, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.