For commercial organisations, service disruptions, delays in responding to customer requests, inability to process transactions in a timely manner or being unable to resume business in the face of a disaster can all have significant impacts on the effective operation and the profitability of the business.
To mitigate the effects of disruption, it is essential that all organisations prepare and manage business continuity plans. A Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) enables organisations to update, control and deploy these plans and align them with their strategic and operational objectives.
ISO22301 is the international standard for business continuity within organisations and defines the specification and best practice for developing and implementing a robust business continuity management system.
|ISO22301 BCMS Requirements
Why does your organisation need an ISO22301 Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)?
- Ensure all BCP plans are fit for purpose (do they work?)
- Align plans with strategic organisational objectives
- Continually improve business continuity plans as the organisation grows
- Reduce the cost of business interruption insurance policies
- Satisfy Corporate Governance obligations.