If you were to suffer an information security incident, would you know what your top priorities are? Would you know what to do first, who to inform, or how to handle it?
To help you better understand the trends and traits of data breaches, including what they are, how and why they occur, and what you can do to avoid suffering a similar fate, take a look at our book of the month for November, Managing Information Security Breaches – Studies from real life.
Aligned with the international information security standard, ISO 27001:2013, this guide sets out a strategic framework for handling information security incidents and breaches. It includes:
- In-depth guidance for dealing with information security breaches
- How they can be treated and what ISO 27001 can offer
- Real-life incidents and breaches to help you prepare for situations
- Valuable lessons that your organization can learn
Drawing on his extensive experience, author Michael Krausz explains how breaches can be treated and what you should do if you’ve been affected.
- How to get your risk profile right
- The different types of breaches
- Avoidance and mitigation strategies
- How small, medium-sized, and large organizations dealt with data breaches
- The process of treating a data breach
You can discover how to prepare for a data breach by visiting our #BreachReady page. We break the process down into six simple steps and recommend tools and services you can use to complete each task.