On May 25, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will reshape data protection practices globally, applying not only to EU-based companies but also to any organization that processes EU residents’ data. North American organizations with any connection to the EU, whether through subsidiaries, customers, or suppliers, stand to be affected. Organizations should therefore determine whether the GDPR applies to them, and revise their information handling processes to ensure compliance if necessary.
With just weeks until the GDPR comes into effect, it may appear too late to get started. However, this is not the case – we strongly believe that as soon as your GDPR action plan is initiated, your organization will be exposed to significantly fewer risks.
To help, IT Governance USA is hosting a new webinar, Why should North American organizations comply with the GDPR?. It is designed to provide an overview of various GDPR-related topics, including:
- Why North American organizations with offices in the EU must comply with the GDPR, and what might happen if they don’t
- The GDPR’s requirements and how these relate to US frameworks and legislation
- Data subjects’ rights
- Breach notification requirements
- International data transfers
The webinar will take place, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 1:00 p.m. EDT – 2:00 p.m. EDT
If you can’t make the webinar, it will be available to download shortly afterwards.
You can also register for our other upcoming webinars:
- June 6, 2018 – The first steps towards GDPR compliance
- June 7, 2018 – How can an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS help law firms achieve GDPR compliance?
To find out more about each webinar, or to see our past webinars, click here >>