If your organization is at all concerned about data protection, it should have an information security management system (ISMS) in place.
An ISMS is a system of processes, documents, technology, and people that helps organizations manage, monitor, and improve their information security in one place. ISO 27001 describes best practice for an ISMS, and certifying to the Standard means you can be sure that your organization’s security measures are as effective as possible.
Implementing an ISMS can be hard work, and it will involve your whole organization. For an introduction to the steps that should be taken to implement a comprehensive ISMS, join IT Governance in this live webinar, which will cover:
- How to adopt a comprehensive, risk-based approach to information security
- Securing organization-wide commitment
- The importance of people, processes, and technology in information security
- The nine-step approach to implementing an ISMS
- Using ISO 27001 as the global best-practice information security standard
- Risk assessments and controls
- Testing your ISMS and developing documentation
- The benefits of obtaining independent assurance
This session will be delivered by Alan Calder, the founder and executive chairman of IT Governance, on March 1, 2018 from 1pm EST / 10am PST. It will include a 15-minute Q&A session at the end to give advice on your data security compliance challenges.
Register for our other webinars:
March 13, 2018: Conducting a cybersecurity risk assessment
April 4, 2018: Assessing compliance: the ISO 27001 ISMS internal audit