- Five films –Fury, Annie, Turner, Still Alice, and To Write Love on Her Arms – were leaked online and made available to illegally download.
- An early version of the script for the upcoming James Bond flick, SPECTRE, was among material stolen and made public.
- Racist emails from the co-chairman of the studio and chief of its division, Amy Pascal, were made public, which has put her job in serious jeopardy.
- Angelina Jolie apparently ‘snubbed’ the Sony co-chairperson after a leaked email between Scott Rudin and Amy Pascal labelled her a “minimally talented spoiled brat.”
- Princess Beatrice’s salary was also leaked online – a mere $30,300 in case you wanted to know.
- Delays have been put on future film releases, including The Throwaways.
According to Variety, at least three of Sony’s rivals said they were assessing and upgrading their own systems and protocols in the wake of the breach. The financial damage and the strain that the leaks have put on Sony’s operations, employees, and the film industry in general should represent a ‘wake-up call’ to other businesses.
Organizations looking to secure their systems should do so with the mind-set that they will be compromised at some point. Assuming this, you are more likely to mitigate the impact and potential losses that a data breach can incur.
ISO/IEC 27001 is the globally accepted best practice standard that will help you reduce cyber risk, while giving you competitive advantage by demonstrating compliance with standards and regulations. Its approach covers people, processes, and technology, ensuring that every aspect of cybersecurity is addressed by setting out the requirements for implementing an information security management system (ISMS). With high-profile data breaches on the rise, and pressure from stakeholders and local legislation, many organizations are seeing the benefits of taking action and certifying their ISMS to ISO27001.
Interested in certifying to ISO27001?
IT Governance has created ISO 27001 packaged solutions to give US organizations online access to world-class expertise. Each fixed-priced solution is a combination of products and services that will enable you to implement ISO 27001 at a speed and budget appropriate to your individual needs.
Save 10% if you purchase a package before the end of 2014.