The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be enforced from May, requiring all organizations that handle EU residents’ data to abide by its strict terms.
If yours is one of the millions of organizations that need to comply with the GDPR, then no doubt you are getting slightly hot under the collar.
To help you understand what the GDPR requires you to do, we’ve produced four free resources, plus training courses:
- Webinars: Supporting you in your GDPR compliance project
Register to attend our GDPR webinar series which cover topics such as accountability, suffering a data breach and the required policies and procedures. A range of data protection and cyber security experts, including Alan Calder and Adrian Ross, will guide you through the first steps of implementing the GDPR. Webinar titles include:
- Accountability under the GDPR, and what it means for boards and senior management
- Prepare for the EU GDPR
- Data breaches and the EU GDPR
- The role of data protection officer (DPO)
- Revising policies and procedures under the GDPR
- Data flow mapping for GDPR compliance
- The EU GDPR and you: Requirements for marketing
- Green Paper: EU General Data Protection Regulation – A Compliance Guide
Learn how the GDPR will affect your organization by understanding what the Regulations is, what key changes it introduces, and its scope and impact in this free green paper, EU General Data Protection Regulation – A Compliance Guide.
- Infographic: What the GDPR means in 1 minute
From fines to the international transfer of data, gain a brief overview of the new Regulation and what it means for your business by viewing this short infographic.
- GDPR templates: Documenting your compliance
In order to show that you comply with the GDPR, you will need to produce and maintain a wide range of documentation. This will not only help you meet the explicit and implicit requirements for specific records (especially those to prove you have obtained consent from data subjects), but will also ensure you have evidence to support your claims should the supervisory authority have any cause to investigate.
Download a sample set of free templates that will help you meet the GDPR’s stringent data protection requirements.
Learn the basics of the GDPR and how it affects you
We’re now running GDPR Foundation classroom training in the US, with classes in Boston and New York. The next one, the Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Foundation and Practitioner Combination Online Course, covers:
- The essential GDPR background and terminology
- Methods and tools for implementing and managing
- Data subject rights, including data access requests
- Obligations of controllers and processors
- Data protection by design
Can’t get to Boston or New York?
You can study the GDPR Foundation course at home with our Live Online or distance learning options.