The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has released a new report based on a survey of valid certificates to standards such as ISO 27001.
The survey suggests that United States-based organizations have seen a 78% year-on-year increase in the number of certifications to the international standard for information security, ISO 27001. The large number of US-based organizations with ISO 27001 certifications suggests that organizations are recognizing the benefits of implementing an information security management system. ISO 27001 delivers clear benefits; by achieving certification, your organization can:
- build a robust information security posture;
- safeguard data and intellectual property;
- create new business opportunities;
- build customer loyalty;
- avoid financial and reputational losses associated with a data breach;
- enhance and protect its reputation;
- comply with business, legal, contractual, and regulatory requirements;
- prevent cyber attacks and data breaches;
- meet contractor and stakeholder requirements;
- gain competitive advantage in the market place;
- meet supply-chain demands.
The report also highlights a record increase in the number of certifications to ISO 27001 in North America since 2008, when 89% growth on the previous year was reported. The countries leading the way in the number of ISO 27001 certifications were Japan with 8,240 certifications, followed by the United Kingdom with 2,790, and India with 2,490. The United States takes fifth place in the table with 1,247 certifications.
Furthermore, the survey provides details on the industries and the number of ISO 27001 certifications. The top five industry sectors with the largest number of ISO 27001 certifications are:
- Information technology – 5,573
- Other services – 959
- Transport, storage and communication – 301
- Electrical and optical equipment – 296
- Health and social work – 231
Organizations wishing to implement an information security management system and achieve certification to ISO 27001, the international best-practice standard for information security, can take advantage of IT Governance’s ISO 27001 packaged solutions.
Each ISO 27001 packaged solution equips your organization with the appropriate tools, resources, and expertise to help you achieve certification within a set budget and deadline.
IT Governance led the world’s first ISO 27001 implementation project and can support your organization in achieving certification to the Standard in a cost- and time-effective manner.
What our clients say:
“We realise now that IT Governance saved us weeks of costly effort finding out the hard way – and that time savings translated directly into LPFA achieving certification well ahead of our target dates. The time savings more than paid the cost.” said Les Higgs, business improvement and programme manager at LPFA.
For more information about IT Governance’s ISO 27001 packaged solutions, please visit our website, contact our consultancy team direct at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 1-877-317-3454.