According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job openings for information security analysts are going to rise 18% by 2024.
The Bureau states that the average pay for such jobs is over $90,000 per annum, and is growing faster than the average of all occupations.
As cyber crime continues to threaten corporations around the world, the demand for information security employees is expected to grow in order to tackle the problem.
According to CyberDegrees.org, the hard skills that businesses seek when employing security consultants are mainly technical:
- ISO 27001/27002 – the internationally recognized cybersecurity standard
- ITIL – the best-practice methodology for IT service management
- COBIT – ISACA’s globally accepted framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT
- PCI DSS – the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard for protecting cardholder data
- HIPAA compliance – federal law that helps protect the confidentiality and security of health care information
So, if you want to increase your odds of getting that must-have promotion in the New Year, take a look at our comprehensive books and training:
- Save time and travel costs with real-time courses delivered direct to your PC by experienced ISO 27001 practitioners. Find out more >>
- Our books will help you learn how to implement ISO 27001 in any organization. View all of our books >>
- Understand the fundamental concepts of the payment card standard with PCI DSS – A Pocket Guide. It provides an ideal introduction to the Standard with an overview on how to achieve compliance, how to protect cardholder data, and the potential consequences of a data breach. Find out more >>
- Official guidance from AXELOS on the five stages of the lifecycle. Find out more >>