Most boards are increasingly aware of the risks that cyber crime poses. They are, of course, responsible for information security in relation to protecting assets, fiduciary aspects, risk management, and compliance with laws and standards. But how can they make sure that their information security program is effective and delivering a true return on investment?
Best practice and standards
Information security audits provide the assurance required by information security managers and boards. They are also mandatory in many IT best-practice frameworks and standards, including ITIL®, PRINCE2™, COBIT® 5, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), and ISO 27001.
The internal auditor is responsible for reporting on the performance of the information security management system (ISMS) to senior management. They also continually monitor the effectiveness of the ISMS and help senior managers determine if the information security objectives are aligned with the organization’s business objectives.
Conducting your audits
Our ISO 27001 Internal Audit Service takes the guesswork out of audits, as we provide a qualified auditor to do the job for you. The internal audit can be challenging without the experience of seasoned professionals, but our auditors will:
- Conduct a document review
- Review whether the corrective actions raised during any previous audits have been closed
- Observe the implementation of the management system requirements
- Interview the relevant staff
- Produce an internal audit report, ready for management review
If you’re looking to gain the expertise to conduct audits, you should enroll on our fully accredited, practitioner-led ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Auditor Online Masterclass.
This four-and-a-half-day course covers the key steps involved in planning and completing an external audit of an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS and can help you:
- Understand best-practice audit methodology
- Learn how to use audits to monitor conformance to the Standard, guarantee consistent implementation, and assess the effectiveness of continual improvement
- Gain experience of the practical application of ISO 27001 audit processes through discussion and role-play