The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will reshape data protection practices globally, applying not only to EU-based companies but to any organization that processes EU residents’ data.
If this includes your organization, you have a little over a year to update your policies, procedures, and systems to achieve compliance with the Regulation. Failure to comply could lead to fines of up to 4% of annual global turnover or €20 million (approximately $21.6 million), whichever is greater.
As part of IT Governance’s continued support for organizations preparing for the GDPR, we launched a second series of webinars covering the Regulation in January. The presentations help organizations gain a basic understanding of the GDPR and lay the foundations of their own GDPR compliance project.
Our next webinar, ‘Data flow audit and data mapping for GDPR compliance’, will be delivered April 6, at 7:00 am (PST)/10:00 am (EST).
Led by Adrian Ross, an experienced data protection and information security consultant at IT Governance, the webinar will provide advice on conducting a data flow audit to map and identify the sources of your organization’s personally identifiable information (PII). It will provide an overview of:
- The regulatory landscape and its territorial scope
- The integration of standards and codes for risk management
- The operational, strategic, regulatory, statutory, and contractual aspects of risk management
- The benefits and challenges of conducting a data flow mapping exercise
- The best techniques for data flow mapping
If you can’t make the webinar, it will be available to download shortly after it finishes.
In the next few months, we will also be presenting webinars on:
- The GDPR and NIS Directive: Risk-based security measures and incident notification requirements
- Data transfers to countries outside the EU/EEA under the GDPR
- Data protection by design and by default under the GDPR
- Legal obligations for and responsibilities of data processors and controllers under the GDPR
To find out more about each webinar, or to see our past webinars, click here >>