The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will reshape data protection practices globally, applying not only to EU-based companies but to any organization that processes EU residents’ data.
If this includes your organization, you have a little over a year to update your policies, procedures, and systems to achieve compliance with the Regulation. Failure to comply could lead to fines of up to 4% of annual global turnover or €20 million (approximately $21.6 million), whichever is greater.
As part of IT Governance’s continued support for organizations preparing for the GDPR, we launched a series of webinars covering the Regulation. The presentations help organizations gain a basic understanding of the GDPR and lay the foundations of their own GDPR compliance project.
Our next webinar, ‘The first steps towards GDPR compliance’, will be delivered November 30, at 7:00 am (PST) / 10:00 am (EST).
To help you as you take your first steps towards GDPR compliance, IT Governance’s data protection and information security experts will share practical insights about implementing a data-centric security approach in line with the Regulation. This will help you to improve your information security defenses, mitigate risks and reduce your GDPR compliance budget.
In this webinar, you will learn about:
- Why you have to comply with the GDPR and what might happen if you don’t.
- The GDPR’s direct effect on your business and the transition timelines.
- The first steps in preparing for GDPR compliance.
- The technical and organizational measures your business will need to adopt to comply with the Regulation.
- Key recommendations and industry-recognised practices to help you achieve GDPR compliance.
If you can’t make the webinar, it will be available to download shortly after it finishes.
In the next two months, we will also be presenting webinars on:
- December 7, 2017 – The GDPR: demonstrating data protection by design and by default
- December 14, 2017 – The first steps towards GDPR compliance
To find out more about each webinar, or to see our past webinars, click here >>