Now you can order your updated 2011 copy of ITIL® Service Operation from IT Governance - buy today for immediate dispatch!
This volume embodies practices in the management of Service Operations. It includes guidance on achieving effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery and support of services so as to ensure value for the customer and the service provider.
Strategic objectives are ultimately realised through Service Operations, therefore making it a critical capability. Guidance is provided in this book on how to maintain stability in Service Operations, allowing for changes in design, scale, scope and service levels.
In the book organisations are provided with detailed process guidelines, methods and tools for use in two major control perspectives: reactive and proactive. Managers and practitioners are provided with knowledge allowing them to make better decisions in areas such as:
- Managing the availability of services
- Controlling demand
- Optimizing capacity utilization
- Scheduling of operations and fixing problems
Guidance is provided on supporting operations through new models and architectures such as shared services, utility computing, web services and mobile commerce.
Concepts and guidance in Service Operation include:
- Application Management
- Change Management
- Operations Management
- Control processes and function
- Scaleable practices
- Measurement and control
What's Changed with the Update?
The update is all about improving consistency, accessibility and usability of the core publications. The new books have improved coverage and descriptions of roles and responsibilities, improved process descriptions and are fully aligned with MSP®, M_o_R®, PRINCE2® and P3O®.
Definitions have also been standardized between the books and have been aligned with the glossary, being updated where necessary. Inconsistencies in content and structure have been removed. In Service Strategy particularly, explanations have been made more straightforward and accessible.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Updated to reflect user feedback from an extensive review process, much of this title's information has been updated to aid clarity and convey the key the information in a clear and concise manner. This title is now much easier to read and use!
- Employing the information within this updated publication will allow you to achieve effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery and support of services so as to ensure value for the customer and the service provider. Helping you to align IT with the strategic goals of the organization, and making IT a net contributor to the organization's bottom line.
- Available as part of the ITIL Lifecycle Publication Suite - save hundreds over buying the new versions of the books individually - simply buy the ITIL suite.
Online Access (Annual Subscription)
ISBN 10: 0113313071
ISBN 13: 9780113313075
Published Date: 29 July 2011
Availability: In Stock
Acknowledgement of OGC Copyrights.
Get ahead of the game and order your copy of this key ITIL 2011 publication!