Order Corporate Governance: A Practical Guide Today.
Corporate Governance: A Practical Guide to the Legal Frameworks and International Codes of Practice is the ideal book for every board director and corporate governance professional. It contains all the essential statutory and non-statutory frameworks and guidance on good corporate governance.
Phillip Taylor MBE- Barrister-at-Law- Richmond Green Chambers:
'Calder should be required reading for directors and shareholders...deals so well with what running a company today means for you, your name in business and how much money you can make.'
Corporate Governance: A Practical Guide was written for the directors - both executive and non-executive - of listed and unlisted companies and of public sector organizations. It is a thorough introductory guide to the statutory and non-statutory corporate governance frameworks that apply in today's Western - particularly in the UK and North America - capital markets.
Key chapters include:
- Corporate governance - the historical background
- Corporate governance in the United States (SOX- NYSE)
- Corporate governance in the EU (incl 8th EU Company Law Directive)
- Corporate governance in the UK - the statutory framework - (Companies Act 2006)
- Corporate governance in the UK - non-statutory framework (Cadbury- Greenbury- Combined Code- Turnbull- Myners- Smaller Companies)
- Listing Rules and Combined Code
- Duties of Directors
- The board
- The Company Secretary
- Directors' remuneration
- Combined code and financial reporting
- Risk management
- Internal control and Turnbull
- The audit and auditors
- The audit committee
- Relations with shareholders
- Corporate governance in the UK public sector
- IT governance
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Each chapter sets out in detail the key legal and regulatory requirements and identifies key compliance activities.
The information in this book was expressly gathered together in one place to ensure that board members and professional advisers would easily be able to access all the information they need to properly understand and exercise their statutory and fiduciary responsibilities.
Corporate Governance: A Practical Guide looks at corporate governance from an international perspective. So whether you are in the US, EU, Asia or Africa you will find the methods and advice in this book applicable to your situation.
The advice and guidance in the book- while focused specifically on listed companies is also helpful and appropriate to directors of organizations of all shapes and sizes, becasue the statutory framework for corporate governance also applies to small and medium enterprises (SMEs)!
This book will answer most of the questions you have about corporate governance, what it means to you, what it means to your organization & the organization's share price.
- Contains all the corporate governance principles.
- An thorough introductory guide to statutory and non-statutory corporate governance frameworks internationally.
- Takes an international perspective to corporate governance.
- Answers most of the questions you have about corporate governance, what it means to you, what it means to your organization and to legal compliance.
- Written by corporate governance expert Alan Calder.
Corporate governance is an increasingly fundamental aspect of corporate management today and, more than ever, directors, boards and practitioners need to ensure that their corporate actions are in line with requirements. This book is your essential tool for achieving this.
We also offer a softcover version of this eBook - Corporate Governance: A Practical Guide to the Legal Frameworks and International Codes of Practice (Softcover).
Author: Alan Calder
Publisher: Kogan Page
ISBN 10: 0749453664
ISBN 13: 9780749453664
Format: Adobe eBook
Published Date: 3 March 2008
Availability: Immediate Download
Order this eBook to international corporate governance today!